Monday, April 7, 2008

The Center

So, yesterday I had the privilege to teach the first chapter (or at least most of the first chapter) of the book of Revelation. It was a real wake up call for me. Revelation 1 and (I am convinced) all of the book of Revelation is about knowing and obeying Jesus. No, that is an understatement, it's all about living a Christ centered, Christ saturated life. In verse 1, we are told that this is a revelation of Jesus Christ, meaning both from and about Christ, concerning the things that must soon take place. Revelation is really only about times and events as they relate to who Jesus is, what He does, and why He does it.

I said that Sunday was a wake up call for me. As I studied for and taught Revelation 1 I was confronted with the way that my life has gone away from being a Christ centered, Christ saturated life. Colossians 1 15-18 gives a wonderful description of the beauty and power of Christ culminating with the phrase, "that in everything He might be preeminent." The disappointing bottom line is that I don't live a life so Christ centered and Christ saturated that says, that in everything Christ might be seen to be preeminent.

Jesus, I want to know you, obey you, love you, you are preeminent.

No comments: