Friday, January 22, 2010

Blogging Again?

OK, I need to say upfront this may be my only post of 2010. Let's be honest I am not a good blogger. But, there is a lot going on in my life and in my head these days. I would have to say that I am learning a lot.

Parenting - I guess I thought I was done with active parenting, but that is not the case. Don't get me wrong I like the fact that my 18 and 19 year old sons still want my advice, opinions, and help from time to time. I also find that I have a greater opportunity to disciple my nearly adult children now than I thought I would. Actually much greater. I will be making the most of this opportunity!

1 Thessalonians - I have been studying 1 Thessalonians this year and have been struck by how much Paul (writer of 1 Thessalonians) genuinely loves the church. He has deep compassion for their sufferings and a real affection for them. He takes great pleasure and encouragement from their faithfulness and growth in the Lord. He makes personal sacrifices for their spiritual well being. He calms there fears, commends their victories, and instructs their weaknesses. It is abundantly clear that his is not simply a job for Paul.

Knee Pain - So I am having problems with my right knee now. I had an MRI and I have several problems with my knee. The first is Arthritis, then a sheared medial meniscus, an asymmetrical grinding knee cap, and excessive fluid. All of these ailments are inoperable. My doctor has told me to do what I can and deal with the pain. I know this sounds a little strange, but I am kinda looking forward to enduring this pain. Pain is not always a bad thing. Pain can bring humility. I could certainly use some humility.

Family - We have had extra family around this winter and it has been great. I have found encouragement from extended family being with us. The insights, prayers, encouragements, companionship, and synergy has been uplifting for me. I love my family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying for you, your children, your church, your knee, and your family.