Thursday, May 7, 2009

DISC Profile

Today at staff meeting we spent the morning working on the DISC personal discernment inventory which is an instrument for understanding yourself and others. The instrument uses a descriptive word list to help the participant discover their personality/relational/work style. There is four categories; Dominant, Influential, Steady, Conscientious.

So I didn't really learn anything new about myself that i didn't already know. I am a high D which stands for dominant and I am also a high I which stands for Influential. But it was good to see how the other people on my team are wired and what their particular styles are.

So, have you ever taken the DISC profile?

1 comment:

BeauR said...

I've taken the DiSC, Everything DiSC Sales and the management profile. While I probably didn't learn a lot about myself either, it did make me think about the way I am and how I react to things. However, the more in depth profiling tools were useful in looking at techniques for selling to clients and managing people.

There was an article in Training Magazine last month about the Everything DiSC Management profile. If you can find the link they're running a promotion where you can try the management profile out for free. It's worth looking for because it normally sells for $77.50.

Just out of curiosity, was there a training class based around the profile or did your group just take it and discuss the results?