Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My New Blog

So I started this new blog. I decided I needed a fresh start at blogging. I read other people's blogs a lot and find them very helpful, insightful, intriguing, or entertaining. I found that I couldn't produce anything like that at my old blog. I thought a change of venue might give me some new inspiration and vigor to produce something worth reading. It's not that I want my blog to be read so I can have some kind of blog fame, but I want to encourage thought and discussion through the medium of blog. Maybe my aspirations are unrealistic, but we will see.

I was at a conference back in July and I was in this breakout session about using the internet for church planting and the guy Drew Goodmanson talked about the different kinds of blogs. He says there's three kinds of blogs; The virus blog-that spreads and infects other blogs, The Boss blog-a leader who has a readership and kind of teaches through the blog, The Cat Blog-Me and my cat went for a walk today that kind of stuff. My favorite kind of blogs are the virus and the boss blog, the cat blog is good when it is funny. What do you think?

6 comments:

Chase Abner said...

I read all three types of blogs... and actually mine tends to be a mixture. I wish that it was more of a Boss blog, but perhaps I don't have anything meaningful to say.

There's a lot of good advice on blogging that I've seen at uber-blogger Justin Taylor's site. Here's a post guest-blogged by Abraham Piper: http://theologica.blogspot.com/2007/06/tips-for-better-blog-writing.html

Keli B. said...

welcome to blogger!
i don't think my blog is "very helpful, insightful, intriguing, or entertaining." well, it might be entertaining if you like to look at weird pictures i take, or see what kind of candy i'm craving at the moment!

i am looking forward to becoming a regular reader of 'In the Grip!'

and yes, that is pressure to post regularly!

i also agree with chase, justin taylor is a blog-stud.

Unknown said...

I am glad you are going to come back to the blogging world. I enjoy reading all types. I am probably a cat blogger most of the time... Oh, well.

Steve said...

Welcome to BlogSpot! I look forward to seeing what entertaining and insightful things you have to say on here. Also, please feel free to comment on my blog too.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to learn something new from you.

B. Kyle said...

I suppose my blog doesn't count as any of the above, as I don't use it enough...